Go on – You know you want to:
Hatch Green Chili and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 12 lg. eggs
- 1 1/2 lbs shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 lbs. shredded cheddar cheese
- cups diced green hatch chilies
- 1/4 c. chopped red roasted red peppers
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix eggs, flour, cream, and salt and pepper in bowl.
- Layer the jack cheese in 9×13, greased baking dish
- Sprinkle chilies and peppers on top of jack cheese.
- Layer the cheddar on top of all ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese and chilies
- Cover with foil and bake @350 for 40 minutes, uncover and finish baking until set
- (about 15-20 minutes more)
- Remove from oven let cool a bit cut into squares and serve with salsa, sliced tomatoes and avocados.