Go on – You know you want to:
Chile Relleno Casserole (Serves 4-6)
- Freshly roasted green chile, peeled and seeded
- Grated cheese (Burnt Well Guest Ranch uses a blend of Mexican cheeses)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and line the bottom of the dish with whole chiles. Layer a generous amount of grated cheese on top of the chiles.
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs, flour, and milk.
- Pour over the cheese and bake until set and the edges are beginning to brown, usually about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Serve immediately.